Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rummage Sale & Side Notes

Well, we did it! The 2nd Annual Youth Rummage Sale was a success! We raised over $1,300!



Nik sold booths to those wanting to have their own sale, and then we had items donated to sale - all proceeds going to the youth group.

I had a booth! Another family in the church and myself went in together to purchase the booth and sell our junk (treasures). It was really fun. But it was a long day. We did not get home until 11pm Friday night (from setting up) and had to be back by 6am Saturday. We finished up with everything by 6pm Saturday. Then we went and celebrated the day at Gogo's (Yogurt Shop); and played cards with our friends, the Palmers.

I made some money off of my junk, but I also spent some money! (Isn't that always the case...it is with me!). I bought a set of china. It's black glass and super cool. I also bought a small rectangle table. Guess what this table is going to be used for...? My Sewing Station!!! Funny, huh? I want to start sewing soon.

Side note: I love having hobbies. I have had many. My next hobby I want to have is sewing! No, I don't sew. However, I have this great sewing machine my mom bought me one Christmas that I used for about a week (until I decided sewing was not for me...yet). I have always wanted to sew...so I'm going to try again! Therefore, I need a Sewing Station!

Another side note to my previous side note: Nik wants a weight room. I have decided to make it a Weight/Sewing Room! Ha ha ha! I can't wait...! A little masculinity and a little femininity! (Nik is not as excited...).

Back to my post -

I also bought an apron. And a random plate. And Nik purchased homemade tamales out of this lady's truck. Seriously. But they are SOOO GOOOD! So, as you can see...most money I made got spent! I did come out with $27 in the black. It is going to our vacation fund.

Side note (again...): We are going on vacation soon. We have it half planned (the first half). I normally am a 'Planner'. But just haven't had time to think much about it. Soon. I'll let you know. But until then...I have $27 more dollars to spend!

I also brought home some items that did not sell. We were taking everything that did not sale to Goodwill, but I grabbed a few pieces that were getting loaded up. I'll probably try to sell them next year...who knows!

So that was our Rummage Sale! It was a great big hit. Good job, Nik! He is already talking about having one in the spring. Shoot me now.

Side note / note to husband (last one....promise): Seriously, I have not even recovered from this one...you have to give me time to recover before planning the next one! Okay?!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! That is so funny. WHAT?!?! No picture of the china? I am interested to see it. Vacation?? To come see your one and only SISTER???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pic of the China coming soon.... Sorry, but we are going north for vacation - somewhere a little cooler!

    ReplyDelete