Thursday, June 13, 2019

Jaxen’s Birthday-Day

Jaxen's actual birthday was Wednesday.
I took the day off work to celebrate with him and I'm so glad I did!
It was a good day.

Tuesday night, I wrapped his presents and decorated a little with balloons.


Wednesday morning I took Jaxen and Zane to our public library 
and Jaxen received his own personal library card - which he thought was sooo cool!
The librarians were really helpful and nice -
they gave Jaxen a tour of the kids area and then taught him how to do the self-check out!
Both the boys had a great time at the library
(now we just have to remember to return the books and check out more!)

After the library we came home, read for a bit and played outside.
We also walked 2 houses down and met new neighbors!
They have 3 kids and the minute the mom opened the door and we started talking,
Zane took his shoes off and ran upstairs to play!
I was a tad embarrased...but she embraced it and Zane probably played upstairs
for 10 minutes with 2 of her kiddos while we chatted in the foyer.


Jaxen opened his presents outside the minute Nik got home from a dentist appointment.
I think Zane was more excited for Jaxen to open them than he was -
he kept bringing them out to us while we were playing Ladder Ball - ha! 
Jaxen was so excited over the new watch, some tank tops, 
water balloons and a frisbee golf set he received!

We all enjoyed lunch at our favorite pizza place, Mod.
Jaxen requested a regular size (instead of mini) and he received a free shake for his birthday!


We all stayed pretty low-key that afternoon and laid on the couch for awhile while it rained.

That evening I took the boys to a new (to us) park to meet up with some families from our church.
The boys had a blast! 
Water guns, water balloons, playground, and even an electric car they could drive :)

It was such a beautiful area!
These boys were worn out after a few hours!
Zane was crying and walking towards me (pic below) - and I decided it was time for us to go!
It was after 8:30pm and I wanted to avoid a total meltdown.
Please notice his shoes and socks off - I found the shoes, but never the socks!

Jaxen said he had a great day celebrating his birthday!

After I tucked the boys in bed, I walked by thier room and heard Jaxen singing
"Happy Birthday" to himself :) 
I walked in and asked if I could sing too -

What a great ending to celebrating my first born, my 7 year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment