Wednesday, June 5, 2019

House Updates

It has been a long time since I shared a Home Update.

I haven't shared much the last few months...because there has not been much to share.
Updating our home takes time and money - enough said! Ha!

But today's the day you get a few updates....
FYI - my pics are mostly taken at night and I did not have the best light!

First, our floor.
It is finally finished! 
We had a few hiccups while laying the floor - but this past week Nik finished!
Now onto baseboards and quarter round. Still lots to do...but it's coming along!

Next, the Dining Room.
It is close to finished...
I would like to eventually hang blinds, paint the ceiling and purchase a buffet.
But I can live without those for awhile :)

I don't have a good "before picture" - 
but here is a picture after we pulled up the carpet and laid new flooring:


The next step was to paint all the trim and walls. 
I painted the trim white and the walls the same gray as the living room.
Fresh and clean!


Next, I needed to do something about the glass in this very random cabinet on our wall.
I love the storage of the cabinet (deep) but it just seems random to me.
What I didn't love is that you could see inside...and my "storage" was not pretty.
So I decided to frost the glass.
For my first time ever frosting anything, I think it turned out good!


I finally found some curtains I liked (after a few tries) and hung them to finish off the space.


And here is the picture of the back wall (where I want the buffet to go).


That’s all for now.

Our next project will be to trim out the living room windows and hang blinds.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment