Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Jaxen’s 7th Birthday Party!

When we started talking about Jaxen's birthday, 
he said he wanted friends to come over and play frisbees outside...so that is what we did!

Jaxen had 5 friends over on Saturday to play in our backyard. 
We setup Ladder Ball, Can Jam, Frisbee Golf and Frisbee Tic-Tac-Toe.

He requested pizza and Gatorade for dinner; an Oreo cake; and a campfire with marshmellows.

Easy-peasy :)

I baked a cake, mowed the lawn, set up balloons and called it good!

It was hot that day. 
I think it was the highest temps we have seen yet (89 - don't laugh at me!) / 
but we had great shade in our backyard and it was a beautiful evening!

I took pictures of the cake process, the setup before his friends arrived, and blowing out candles. That was it. I was too busy playing games myself and keeping up with these kiddos!

I made the Oreo cake using a regular chocolate cake mix and added crushed Oreo's.
Then, I placed whole Oreo's in the bottom of the pan; poured the cake mix on top; and baked!

The icing was made as normal, with chopped Oreo's.
I layered the two cakes with icing in between and covered the top and sides with icing!
(pic below of finished cake)

Don't mind our patchy-grass - but here is the backyard setup….
I decorated with balloons as much as could with the wind/sun popping some of them.
It’s hard to see, but there is also a spray-painted Tic-Tac-Toe board in the grass. 

Oh, and Jaxen waiting out front for his friends to arrive :)

My first born celebrating his 7th birthday!!!! 

P.S. Zane only came outside naked once. Winning! 
(Zane does not like to put his undies and pants back on after going potty).
Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment