Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Weekend In Review

This past weekend was great!
It was fun, productive, restful and involved sunshine....
all necessary for a wonderful weekend :)


Friday started off with grilled burgers (my favorite), a freshly mowed back lawn, and time getting to know our neighborhood! We have gotten to know one family who has a girl the same age as Jaxen. They actually play together quite a bit. But I also had the opportunity to visit with two more neighbors. And good news - a house sold down the street with 3 kids ages 2-9! They will move in next month. I am looking forward to the summer months in our neighborhood. 

On Saturday we were up and at the soccer fields by 8:40am. So far - Jaxen's soccer team has not won a game. But they are trying their very best...and so far, still having fun!

After soccer we ran home for a quick clothing change, bathroom break and to pack lunches. We then made our way to the TimberRidge Adventure Center. This is an outdoor activities center (including challenge courses, a lake, rock climbing, archery, and more. Too bad you had to be at least 8 to participate in most activities). Our neighbor (Sayde's mom) works there and invited us to their open house! Jaxen, Zane and I explored on our own for about an hour when we then met up with Sayde. She hung out with us the rest of the time and we had lots of fun!

About to ride the Pedal Boat with my boys!

Zane loved the Firetruck!

Jaxen got a "Spiderman Eye" and Zane got a snake painted on his arm!

They colored, did a bug-search, colored the sidewalks with chalk, went through a small obstacle course, saw snakes and worms and enjoyed the fresh (but very windy) air!


I do have to say - towards the end of our time there my littlest had about an hour long meltdown. It was pretty ugly. Especially considering we went on the pedal boats again (Jaxen, Sayde, Zane and myself) and the wind was so strong we got stuck at the side of the lake and could not get back! I was the only one pedaling and every time I would get us moving in the right direction (all while holding a screaming Zane) the wind would take us back. A worker came to rescue us (and others) and made it back safely (with a still a screaming Zane) and then they closed the lake after that! Oh, memories!

After a few hours of fun there we went home to rest! We introduced Jaxen to the movie "Little Rascals" (and I napped). The evening was spent enjoying some very yummy grilled Chicken Legs (with Frank's sauce) and chocolate chip cookies (which we shared with two neighbor families).

We enjoyed a wonderful service at church Sunday. And then I did 7 or 8 loads of laundry (I lost count). Washed, dried, folded/hung and put away! Plus I cleaned our bedroom and washed our sheets. It took me all day but it was worth it!

Zane enjoyed a bit more time outside - with no shorts. At least he had undies and a shirt on! I don't know if I've mentioned it here - but Zane has gone out front multiple times completely naked - oops! More on that (and potty-training in a later post).


Like I said, it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment