Friday, May 3, 2019

Zane - 3 Year Well Check

Zane had his 3 year well check this past week. 
I was able to go with him and Nik on my lunch hour and I'm so glad I did. 
He is a growing, healthy boy!

In case you cannot tell what Zane drew on the chalkboard, while waiting for the doctor,
there is a snake, a raptor-raptor, an alligator and puppy.

He weighs 32 lbs and 8 oz, which puts him in the 57th percentile.
His height is 37 7/8 inches, which puts him in the 58 percentile. 

No shots were needed (which is always good) but Zane has irritated skin on his bum. 
I try to keep medicine on it, and thought now that we are out of diapers (YES!) 
it would get better, but it has not. 
So she gave me a few suggestions that I will try.



He is where he should be with his development physically. 
The only concern she really has is articulation in his speech. 
It's not bad...and she said it very well could get better 
over the next few months as he grows and develops mores. 
However, she suggested getting a speech screening done for him in the fall. 
I have already made the initial call and it's a matter of waiting until July to call back and schedule it.
I have started to notice it a bit, as I hear other kids his age talk - 
but like the doctor said it's not bad and he's not too far behind. 
It's hard for me to really tell because when Jaxen was three he barely talked 
 (pointed most of the time) - so anything is great compared to that!


Speaking of speech... 
Zane always says the funniest things. 
I tried to remember some over the last month so I could mention them here:

"Mommy, my tummy hurts. I need soup!” 
I have no idea where he got that! Lol.

"I have an idea!"

About an hour after I cut his hair this week he looked in the mirror and said, 
"Mommy, where did my hair go? I want it back!
I replied and told him "Remember I cut your hair." 
"Oh yea". 
It was so funny because he was seriously concerned about his hair being gone!

"I use my big gecko muscles!
This is from the show, PJ Masks. 
He also has named our family - Zane is Gecko, Jaxen is Cat Boy, 
I am Owlette and Nik is Night Ninja. 
Google PJ Masks if you don't know what I'm talking about.

And since I'm on the topic of funny sayings, I will include two from Jaxen: 
I had to go poop so much today I missed out on time with my family!
"I've had the same laugh for 6 1/2 years - I'm trying out a new one."



Well, Zane is officially potty-trained!
We took it slow for awhile and in the last few weeks 
we completely did away with pull-ups during the day.

Even at night - all this week, he has not had pull ups on!
I know we will still probably have some accidents, and maybe even
some regression - that is normal, but I'm very excited!

Here is the thing though - Zane likes to be naked.
If we/he takes off his pants and undies to go potty he doesn't want them back on.
If he does it, he could be running around the house (or even outside)
for a few minutes before we notice! Lol.
No worries - I force at least undies on him.
 And we have only caught him completely naked outside twice (so far).  



His current favorites include: PJ Masks, Bubble Gupplies, Dinosaurs (T-Rex in particular), Chocolate Milk, Pizza, Spaghetti, Apples, Grapes, Pretzels, French Fries, Bubble Baths, his Scooter, Hide and Seek, anything with a Ball, and Wrestling with his daddy or brother. He is still a good cuddler (as long as he has his milk and a blankie). 

He is just so big these days! Nik was telling me that the past two weeks he has really seen growth in Zane, and I agree. It's weird how that happens sometimes. He is becoming more independent, stronger and just over all "older"!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Wow they are getting so big fast. Riley turns 3 in 2 1/2 weeks. I can't believe he's that old already. I was reading your post and always compare where he is with your 3 year old. Its funny how different 2 kids same age can be. Its nice that he's got an older brother always around which molds him I think. Riley wants nothing to do with potty training yet. He has tried but has no interest really. I hope that changes soon. Also has talking set backs. He talks a lot but you can't understand him much. He has been seeing a speech therapist for awhile now and as soon as he's 3 he's going to speech in school. I have definitely seen a change since he started this. I hope it helps you guys too. They say boys take longer for everything though lol! Your kids are adorable and love reading your post. Miss you guys! Need to head out your way and come visit as your not that far now. :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Yes, every kid is different and develops differently. Even Zane and Jaxen... Jaxen's speech (and potty training) came later than Zane. You just never know! I'm glad to hear Riley is in speech - I hope it helps. He is too cute! I catch pics of him on line every now and then. Ya'll take care - Miss you!

    ReplyDelete