Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Weekending

Is Weekending a word?
It should be.
Especially when you weekend well :)

I'm not sure if the lack of pictures help or hurt my case...but we will go with help!

Friday night we went to soccer practice for Jaxen and he did not listen well 
so he went straight to bed when we got home. 
And that was a good thing.

Saturday both boys were up early.
Jaxen was supposed to have soccer pictures at 8:20am and then games at 9am and 11am.
Because of all the rain we have had - the soccer fields were mush and they cancelled everything.
So I did the next best thing - cleaned out my pantry and fridge!
And it made me feel good that I only had to throw out 3 things because of expiration dates.
Anyone else clean out stuff and find they have been eating expired food?!
(Asking for a friend - lol)

I worked on a few house things while the boys played and played. 
When they don't see each other everyday (Jaxen in school) 
they play better on the weekends together.

The picture is crooked, but you can see the "doggie obstacle course".


Don't mind our lawn - it's a work in progress - killing weeds, getting grass to grow...
But what you need to see is Zane putting a small rake in his pants before riding off on his scooter.

That afternoon we had our first fire in our new fire pit (it was cool weather)...and it made me happy!
The boys played outside and then we had some neighbors join us for our fire, dinner and games.
We had a great time getting to know them better and the kids stayed up playing until 9pm!
Which is not something I let my kids do very often - lol!

Do you know that donut places run out of donuts fairly early on Mother's Day?
The thought never occurred to me before.
We went to get donuts on our way to church and ended up at a grocery store 
because the donut shop was out!
They were still yummy though, and I loved my breakfast treat.

After church we had pizza for lunch and then our whole family laid down 
and relaxed the entire afternoon. 
I'm not sure how we had such a chill day - but we did, and I loved it!

Nik offered to grill me steak for dinner - but I was still full from pizza so I passed.

I did get a few pics with my cuties after church though!


Funny story...I was telling Nik that I was sad because we did not have a nice tree/place in our yard to take pictures in front of. (And right now, our yard is muddy and we are trying to get grass to grow in many places). So after church he randomly stopped at some business that had a nice wooden back to their building, a wooden fence, and green grass (right next to their dumpster). So we stopped and took some pictures! I love that about Nik. He goes out of his way to find a nice place for me to take a few pictures with my boys :)


No comments:

Post a Comment