Thursday, May 9, 2019

Remembering Mamaw

Over the last week as we said good-bye to Mamaw and gathered with family to celebrate her life and bury her body, I have been flooded with memories…

She taught me to make pies and eat toast with extra butter and syrup.

We would solve most of our and the worlds problems in an 8 hour car ride with sweet tarts and sprite.

She could rock in a rocking chair faster than anyone I knew and drink coffee without spilling a drop.

She taught me to play cards and even a little bit of piano.

She never had less than 20 butter tubs in her fridge/panty but also never had a sharp knife.

She could peel potatoes with a dull knifer faster than I could with a peeler.

She taught me to love and serve her spouse and those around her.

She always offered a helping hand when she could.

She loved sitting in front of a fireplace and playing solitaire well into the night/morning.

She packed for trips in plastic bags and enjoyed wearing high heels.

She loved green eye shadow and would buy clothes and shoes in various sizes as long as they were on sale and wear them (even if her toes were squished or she had to pin her clothes on).

She loved to visit and would talk with anyone.

She loved to sing and dance.

She would drink sweetened condensed milk from the can.

She always went first when playing cards.

She would not let you eat Thanksgiving pies before Thanksgiving.

She always left Golden Corral with at least 2 rolls wrapped up in her purse.

She did not love the trend and would not allow me to tight roll my jeans in the late 80’s and 90’s.

And so much more….

Most of all, she loved the Lord.
And her family.

I will miss her.
I am glad she was my Mamaw.

Below are a few pics of Mamaw…all with Jaxen.
Because he was cuter than I was - and I didn’t take a lot of pictures pre-Jaxen!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment