Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Toddler Bed Transition

A Jaxen Update:
Well, we went to the doctor on Thursday and all their testing came back normal
(urine, blood, strep…etc).
The doctor recommended a few different things to start trying for
Jaxen’s constant headaches and stomaches.

Then Saturday (after basketball) and while we were at IKEA (Jaxen, in the Playland)
the doctor called me to tell me that he was positive for strep!
I think I actually laughed out loud…and told her
we infected his school, the basketball area and now IKEA.
Oops!

So - we went home.
And are waiting on the prescription to be called in.
Hopefully he will be back to himself soon.


The Toddler Bed Transition

I mentioned in the last post that we would probably make the toddler-bed transition soon.
Well, we did it Thursday night!

And it was only after I was watching this happen in the monitor:


Look closely.
That is Zane, crawling out of his crib.

Nik has been letting Zane nap in Jaxen’s bed during the day.
Zane loves it and naps well there…so why not, right?
Except now he wants to sleep there at night too.

So Thursday I had Nik take off one side of Zane’s crib
and make it a toddler-bed.

Here is what it looks like:



Those pictures were after 2 hours of him getting up, out of his bed,
and playing with all the toys in the room (and putting most of them in his bed with him)!

2 hours of constant in-and-out of bed.
Only to finally fall asleep and wake again at 11:30pm and be awake for another
2 hours doing the same thing.

I about lost my mind.

I know that it is new freedom and all…but seriously,
I do not do well with lack of sleep.

Friday night came…came story.
2 hours to go to sleep and then he woke up around midnight and 
was still awake 3 hours later, when Nik came home from work.
I went to sleep and let Nik take over from there.

Saturday night was better initially
(oh, and I moved the shelf away from Zane’s bed…now there are no
toys within arms reach - that toy mess was bothering me just as much as the not sleeping!).

However, he woke up at 3:30am.
It is now 5:09am and I am blogging / putting Zane back in his bed every time he gets out.

A few things:

We have a baby gate on his door.
That way, if he gets out of bed and we don’t know it…
he cannot wonder around the apartment.

Yes, he has tried to climb in bed with Jaxen.
Thankfully, he does not wake Jaxen. Jaxen sleeps like a brick! 

I know this will take time, to train him to sleep in his new bed.
I’m just so tired. 

But I hope to report in a few days that he is going to sleep, and sleeping through the night!

When he does sleep, he is so sweet :)



I think he is finally asleep again.
So I’m going back to bed too.

If this post doesn’t make sense or has lot of errors…
remember I typed it at 5am!

The good news to him being awake in the middle of the night?
You get a blog post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment