Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentines

Happy Valentines everyone!

My day consisted of chocolate, a Sonic soda, flowers, a Chili-Cook-Off for lunch, a little bit of actual work, family dinner, gifts for Jaxen and Zane, chocolate-covered strawberries and time with my family. Perfect!

my flowers

Everyone had a pretty good day…especially Jaxen! 
He not only had a Valentine’s Party at school…
it was also the 100th day of school :)

Jaxen wearing his 100 glasses

Earlier in the week Jaxen counted out 100 marshmallows all by himself for his class trail mix
(and then I let him eat a few)

Jaxen helped me put together his little valentines for his friends at school -
a printed card (folded) and stapled to a baggie with starburst in them


Jaxen and I were the only two awake when I was getting ready to leave for work today
Mom fail - I had nothing “valentiney” for Jaxen to wear today!

The valentine envelope Jaxen decorated at school which held all his valentines

I love this little holiday! Even without the chocolates and flowers and gifts - it’s just a fun day and it gives me a chance to tell the ones I love, that I love them so much. Today Jaxen and I got to talk about loving others and I was able to share with him that even as much as we love each other - God loves us even more…He loves us the most!!!

We have had some great, interesting conversations lately about heaven, God, loving others, being laughed at, hurt feelings, being a good friend…whoa…it’s just so much to wrap my brain around. I pray the Lord will give me the right words to teach, guide and direct Jaxen in these areas. Such a great responsibility. Anyway…that’s another topic for another day! Ha - didn’t mean to carry on.

Also - I just realized this post should be titled Carla and Jaxen’s Valentines…since it’s just about us! Haha! I promise Nik and Zane are around…they just didn’t have as an exciting day. However…Nik and I have a date night on Friday and I’m pumped for some alone time with my cutie husband :)


No comments:

Post a Comment