Saturday, January 20, 2018

Sickness

So far the past few months we have been lucky to miss out on all the sickness going around. Well, that ended yesterday!

Last night at dinner Jaxen kept saying his tummy hurt and he didn’t feel well. And as we were eating I could see him going down hill. At one point, I told him he had to eat his food or he does not get a treat after dinner. His reply was “I’m not going to have a treat. When you are sick you don’t get a treat. That will make you feel worse.” Well…I was convinced he was not feeling well after that - haha!

Later that night he was running a very low fever. Through the night it broke but came back a bit higher this morning. He was in my bed at 4:45am. And what is the deal? When Jaxen has a fever, he is not tired, he is wide-awake, and wanting to talk my ear off. I thought kids were supposed to be sleepy when they ran fever…?

Oh well. Currently he is laying in my bed enjoying some Netflix. Nik is sleeping on the couch and Zane finally fell back asleep after being up for about 30 minutes screaming his head off. I’m not convinced that Zane is not sick. It’s just harder for him to communicate that.

So we will not go to basketball today - and see what the day holds.

I’m thinking I will go pick up some Valentine Crafts to work on and I know Nik needs to do a bit of work on one of our cars. Exciting Saturday, huh?!

Nevermind about Zane. He is awake again.

**********

On another note…Nik left me home with the boys one night this week while he ran errands. And Jaxen, Zane and I had the best time….rearranging their room! Jaxen loves moving things around and he helped me figure out a new place for his bed. It has been really cold here and the windows in our apartment are not the best…I was worried about him, sleeping with his head being next too the very cold window. So we switched it up!

The beds are now on the left side of the room.

Here is the right side.

It is so funny to me how much Jaxen is enjoying playing in his “new” room!
It’s like a whole new world.

It was really fun for Jaxen to have input on his room and to think
through things. This is just the beginning…I’m sure it won’t always be fun!

Hope you all have a good, sick-free weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment