Sunday, September 10, 2017

Jaxen - Kindergarten

I’m back to blogging :)

Our family has been in major transition the past month and I’ll probably explain some of that at a later date. But right now…I want to share about Jaxen’s first day of Kindergarten!

So, this past Thursday, I got Jaxen all ready for school and we loaded up and headed out. To say he was excited is an understatement!

Here is (what I thought was) Jaxen’s first day of school pictures...


Yes, he is dancing with excitement!
And one calm one...


Come to find out…you cannot just show up at a school and expect them to take your kiddo! Ha ha! In my defense, I had called ahead and I guess just misunderstood. I knew there would be some waiting and some paperwork, but I had it all together and figured when we were done, Jaxen would go to class. Not so much. So after almost 2 hours of paperwork and waiting - we had to walk out of school. The only thing that made it better for Jaxen was the promise of taking him school supply shopping. So we did. And $40 later - we had all his supplies for school!

Friday - he was excited again to head to school!


There was dancing and singing all the way in school.

We arrived right on time and walked to his new classroom. At that moment, he became shy. So I hung around for about 10 minutes and he slowly started warming up. When the announcements came on and when they were getting ready to do the Pledge of Allegiance, one little girl asked the teacher if Jaxen could help hold the flag! Sweet, right?! So he did, and was so happy. Afterward, he walked to his teacher and said “That’s the same as at my Wolcott School!” Haha! That made him feel more comfortable, so I left.


And at 3:35 when I picked him up - he told me all about his great day! And how he wanted to come back again :)

He was initially scared to start at a new school, not knowing who his friends were, or who his teacher would be. But I’m so proud of him for being strong and trying it out with a good attitude! This past month has been hard on him - but school will definitely help bring some familiarity and routine to his life.

I’m so excited about this year for him. I know he will grow, and learn so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment