Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Next Chapter

FYI - you get no pictures with this post. We are having trouble linking our photos. I put in a request to my cutie husband to take care of that for me soon (on behalf of my bloggers)!

**********

If you have not talked to me in awhile and all of a sudden you are reading about our move from NY to KS and wondering what is going on…well, hopefully I can answer some of those questions here. I’ll try :)

As I stated before, the month of August our family was in transition and I took a blogging break. And I have to say…I missed blogging! I missed sharing our days with you. I missed recapping the funny and the mundane. I am trying to pick it back up, although it may be slow going for awhile - be patient with me.

So, the short story of it is - Nik surrendered his credentials (pastor’s license) and is no longer a pastor in the Church of the Nazarene. Because our house and income was based on his job, I sought work and evenutally got hired at Jesus Film Harvest Partners, in Olathe KS. So we moved the first part of September. Jaxen started school, I started my job, Nik is taking care of Zane during the day, and that’s that!

This was a long (to me), hard process, to figure out what to do with our life after the turn of events happened with Nik’s job. But let me say this... The Lord has been faithful to us the entire time. Although this was unexpected to us, this did not take God by surprise. He is all-knowing and knew what road we would be walking. I knew I could walk this road one of two ways: with God or without. And trust me when I say this… there is no way I would have wanted to walk this road (or any hard time, trial) without God. I sought Him through prayer over our entire situation and He answered (in His time and His way) and I am so grateful. God was already preparing us for this journey before it ever happened (looking back we can see His hand and provisions) and He had things in place as we took each step, and trusted in Him.

Some might ask if we think this was God’s plan for our life. And I believe the answer is no. There are consequences for every decision and action we make. And I also believe that the Lord can (and has, and will in any situation) use it to bring us (our relationship) closer to Him (if we choose to walk with Him instead of away from Him) and that He will bring good from it.

All I know right now, is we are here. And I can’t tell you for how long. God opened up doors and gave us peace as we followed this road. I have no idea what the future holds for us, but we are praying about it. We are praying about God’s call on Nik’s life to be a pastor, and serve in ministry again, in the future.

And I have to tell you…God used His people in big ways to minister to us through this time. We have experienced God’s love in a new way and seen people being His hands and feet to us. And I am so thankful and grateful to those who allowed the Lord to use them.

So - this is our next chapter, and things are going well! Keep reading the blog…and I’ll try to keep it somewhat updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment