Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Settling In

Well, I guess we are “settled” now.
I don’t have stuff on the walls, and I have too much furniture still in the apartment,
and I have boxes hanging around…but it is all livable :)

And today, I started my new job!
I had an 8am meeting at the Global Ministry Center for new hire paperwork,
and then I went on my way to my new office.


It was a busy day of meeting people, learning about the organization, and a little training.
However, it was a really good day!
It felt good to be back in the “working environment” but I did miss (all) my boys.
When I came home though, I had dinner and roses awaiting me :)


I am glad to have a new “normal” for our family.
It has been weeks since we have had much structure. 
And I love structure! Haha!

Not only is it new for me…
but this is also going to be new for Nik.
For the first time since he was 15, he does not have a “job”.
I say that loosely - because we all know that staying home and taking care of 
the house and kiddos is a big job!
But Nik is a rockstar dad and I know he will do great.
We are praying about when/if Nik will go back to work,
and praying about what kind of job he will have.
We are not in a big rush…just waiting on the Lord for guidance and peace.

I just need to remind him to take pictures for the blog, right?! 

**********

Saturday, Jaxen asked if we could go “exploring”.
So we did.
Our apartment complex connects with the city trails, and so we hit those up
and let Jaxen decide which way to go at every turn.


Along the trails, we stopped to listen to different sounds,
check things out with binoculars and enjoy the sights.


We had some races along the way and just had a great time together!



The area around where we live is really nice and I love these trails!
After our exploring, we sat outside and had a picnic lunch and then Jaxen
wanted to hit up the weight room.


He has decided he loves to exercise!
The weights and running on the treadmill are his favorite.
Nik took him the other night and he had the best time,
although Nik said he didn’t listen very well. Haha!
(We will see how long his love for exercise lasts.)



No comments:

Post a Comment