Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Strawberry Picking & Mud Puddle Jumping

We are back! And I’m in the full swing of things… laundry, dishes, feeding my family…etc. I can tell you - it was super nice to not have to do any laundry, dishes, or picking up after little boys for 8 days!

But I’m super glad to be home! And we are in "summer-mode” now. I’m not really sure what all that means - but today, it meant strawberry picking and mud puddles.

We were up and out of the house by 8:30am (and we all have on sweatshirts because it was a tad cool in the morning - it did warm up though) and headed to pick some strawberries. I am so glad I took the boys (I pondered, not) but they did so good. Jaxen was such a great helper and he really enjoyed helping me pick! And Zane…well, Zane ate the whole time. He probably ate ripe strawberries, bad strawberries, weeds, dirt…he seriously had something in his mouth the whole time. Haha! So I would say he had fun, too.



My favorite :)




Jaxen decided he does not like strawberries, just the juice from them. So we agreed to make smoothies when we got home. He helped me make them, and after his first drink he replies “delicious and nutritious”. That made me laugh so hard! He ended up only drinking about half though. I thought it was pretty good!


After nap time for Zane and lunch - we headed outside. It was a beautiful day. It had been raining a lot here (what else is new?!) and parts of our backyard were little ponds. I took Zane’s lunch outside and he ate while played and then finished off my yogurt and had the messiest face: 


But then…they discovered this little mud puddle in the middle of the back yard. I thought it was pretty small - but as Jaxen was jumping, he was really making some good splashes! Zane kept getting close to Jaxen and therefore, getting splashed himself. He was pretty funny about it!











They were both soaked and so muddy when they were done! Clothes got stripped off before we ever came in the house and they went straight to the bath!


Good times :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment