Saturday, September 13, 2014

I’m Back!

I’m back! Did you miss me?

Yes, I know that was too long of a blogging break…sorry Russell :)

A lot has happened since I last blogged, but the best thing that happened while I was away was that my family came to see me!

They made the long trek from NM (leaving very early last Friday morning) and arrived in Syracuse (after 2 cancelled flights and lost luggage) very late Friday night. It was a long travel day for them but I am so thankful that they made the journey!

While they were traveling all day to get here, we got some work done around the house which included some water fights between Jaxen and Nik!






They were both soaked and happy when the water fight ended.

That afternoon Nik and I headed to Syracuse (Jaxen was home with babysitters) for a date night before picking up the fam. We enjoyed our time together!



As I stated before, we arrived home very late that night. But with mom and Scotty with us - it did not bother me one bit!

We had a great time while they were here. Nik did end up taking one day off, but had to work the rest of the time. As for me…since I don’t have a job….I got to spend everyday having fun with them!

Everyone keeps asking us what fun things we did while they were here. Well…we visited, ate, and played cards pretty much the whole time they were here…which is exactly what we like to do!

Oh, and my mom did the dishes everyday :)

Jaxen even enjoyed playing cards with us at the table.

And coloring, or playing with his trucks - anything to spend time at the table with us!

We are very serious (competitive) game players.
We keep score for everything.

Here is a pic of the final game scores:

Belinda 1 / Carla 1
Carla 7 / Belinda 1 / and Scotty 10
Nik 2 / Belinda 0 / and Scotty 2
Carla 4 1/2 / Nik 4 / Belinda 2 / Scotty 4 1/2



That was a lot of card games played while they were here! So fun!

I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself next week…once I put Jaxen down for a nap, I’ll fix myself a drink and sit at the table to play games…but no one will be here - ha!

While they were here, they kept Jaxen one whole morning and got to spend time bonding with and loving on him. He was pretty shy with them but warmed up once Nik and I were gone!

As you can see, he gave them good “Night Night Loves”!



I am so glad they were able to come visit. Yes, they got to see where we lived and our church and kind of what our life is like here in NY - but I am most grateful for the time with them. I miss seeing them and talking on the phone is just not the same!

Thank you for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment