Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stories from Today

This morning, I dressed Jaxen in the CUTEST outfit - khaki pants and this adorable blue and gray sweater. He looked all grown up (well...almost like a toddler). I was going to take some pictures of him but we were running late for church so I decided to do it later. Long story short...no pictures were taken. First, a very nice lady informed me one too many times that Jaxen was too hot in his sweater. There goes the sweater. Second, during the middle of lunch Nik took Jaxen from his car seat and noticed his hands were wet. (This is gross). Nik looked at Jaxen and noticed that he had pooed out of his diaper and up his clothes. Seriously - it was everywhere. Back, legs, arm... bad. I carried him the funniest way to the bathroom and told everyone at the table to come get me if I was not out in 20. I did come out in 20 - thanks to some Bon Jovi playing through the restaurant speakers, giving me motivation to get Jaxen undressed, cleaned, changed, dressed and me cleaned! That has never happened like that before (I later learned this happens for a few days after a baby has been sick - cleaning out the system and all).

Needless to say... that onsie went straight to the trash can. Sometimes there is only so much you can do!

Sorry if I have grossed you out. Stop reading if so. It does not get any better.

Right as we were getting ready to leave for church tonight, I decided to check Jaxen's diaper. As I peeked in, stuff started oozing out. I again, carried him funny to the changing table (as to not squish anything else out) and changed the diaper. All better. Then the second I picked him up he spit up all over my shoulder and down my arm (of my black sweater). Nik just looked at me and asked how long did that just set us back. My reply was "I am a mom. It is okay." I wiped the spit up off the best I could, ignored the smell, picked Jaxen back up and off we went.

After feeding Jaxen tonight, I hear him tooting. I waited a second. More tooting. Waited one more time and then decided I better change him, before stuff started oozing. Too late. You know where this is going.... That onsie was saved.

Jaxen is now in bed. Nik is in bed. I just need a little time. So here I am, blogging. Then I will do the dishes and put laundry away. I'm thankful I am off tomorrow.

I know my blog posts the last couple of weeks have not had many words. And then tonight, after reading, you probably wish there were no words! I will try to get better about more words. Some days - I just have none.

Jaxen, however has his voice back and loves hearing himself talk again! He is so much better and I am glad! A sick baby is no fun.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have better stories for you. Or at least some pictures.




2 comments:

  1. Aww poor you hopefully he gets better soon that all sounds nasty. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE this blog! I LOVE hearing you be a mom and imagining you carrying him "that funny way"! It's is fun although I sure Jaxen would disagree on the fun part! Glad he is better. I am totally missing him!

    ReplyDelete