Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jaxen - 3 Months


Jaxen is 3 months old today. Exciting! Yesterday I was playing with Jaxen on the floor and I was helping him stand. Then I quickly realized that I was helping my baby boy become a toddler. Enough of that. I stuck him back down on the floor for him to lay. Immobile. The way I like him. As a baby. Not a toddler.



We do not see the doctor until his 4 month check-up, but here are some updates:

Weight: 14 lbs (ish). We did the best we could with our scale at home!

Height: 24 inches.

Diapers: size 1.

Clothes: size Newborn - 6 Month. True statement. Every brand of clothing is different. It is a little funny (and mostly insane) to me that these baby clothes vary that much! Example: He is wearing Newborn 'Circo' brand clothes; and 3-6 month 'Carters' brand.

Food: Jaxen eats every 3 - 3 1/2 hours, usually 5 oz (or nurses 20-25 min). We no longer give him formula, just breast milk. No solid foods or cereal yet. I have a feeling that will come in the next month or so. We will see. He eats very well (as you can tell from his new 'chubbies')!

Sleeps: He usually sleeps between 8-9 hours. One night this past weekend, he slept 10 hours! He still takes about 4 naps during the day.

Asleep, in his swing, holding his pacifier.

Jaxen loves to go get the mail with his daddy. 
He wears his shades - because it's bright outside 
and that's what all the cool kids do!


We have introduced Jaxen to the Bumbo. 

Do you see the drool on his shirt? That is what he does now. Nik calls him Drooly J. It's his rapper name.

And the big news...
Jaxen held his bottle!!! For about 10 seconds. Twice.
But still, exciting!




1 comment:

  1. Awww how cute you dont want him to grow up and become a toddler. You are so funny. It will happen even if you try to stop it so I hope your ready it goes fast, lol. He is so cute and adorable. I miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete