Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall 2012 Bucket List - Update

Happy October! Does that mean it is fall yet? I almost thought it was this weekend. Cooler and rainy was our weather here! Our neighbors invited us over for some homemade Chicken-n-Dumplings and Cornbread last night for dinner - fall comfort food at its best! But today was definitely too warm to be fall.

I took Jaxen on a walk today. 
When we started, this is what Jaxen looked like:

And this is what he looked like when we got home:
He is one tired little boy! I guess he is still recovering from his cold.

**********

It has been one month since I started my Fall Bucket List. 
Here is where I am so far with it:

Take pics of Jaxen with pumpkins

Go on a hike

Read a book

Go on a date with Nik (no Jaxen) - COMPLETED!
We had a date night! It was our first since Jaxen was born.
Don't laugh at what we did (for some reason, everybody does!).
I told Nik I wanted to eat out at a yummy burger-place,
and go watch some High School Football.
So we got ourselves a sitter, and did just that (with a little ice cream afterward)!

2 teens from our youth group play football
and 5 teens are in the band.


Nik has seen them play, but it was nice for me to finally get to go.


Try 4 new recipes - COMPLETED!
1. Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole - probably won't make again. Too bland.
2. Crockpot Salsa Chicken - YUMMY! And super easy.
3. Blueberry Cream Cheese Mini Pies - YUMMY! But a lot of work.
4. Garlic-Cheese Biscuits - making for dinner tonight!

Host a game night

Make a fall wreath

Have a movie night with my husband (pizza + 2 movies)

Bake homemade bread

Lose 10 pounds

Have a Garage Sale

Get caught up on Jaxens Baby Books - COMPLETED!
Now I just have to stay caught up!

Hang out at a lake - COMPLETED!
Labor Day Weekend


Take part in a community service project

Do something special for my 10 year wedding anniversary

Get caught up on my 2012 photo book

**********

And that's my update. 4 out of 16. Lots more to do!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you guys went out on a date. It sounds like the perfect date. Please remeber that you need those more than once a season! I will gladly babysit whenever you need the next one.

    ReplyDelete