Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Friday Ramblings & Saturday

Written Friday Night 
(serious ramblings - you have been warned) 


Nik is at a high school football game tonight. I pondered going. For about one whole minute. The decision not to go won. I am tired. I seem to be tired here lately. Yes, I know I have a baby - but really - I sleep 7-8 hours most nights. I think my Iron is low. So I started taking Iron pills. I hope it helps. Anyways - Nik is enjoying himself (I'm assuming) watching some football, listening to the band and hanging out with friends. Jaxen and I will probably go to a game with him at some point. Just not at this point. Besides, I cleaned house for a lady this afternoon. It was 102 outside today, and almost as hot inside her house. I was beat, (and sweaty) when I finished.

Nik took me out to dinner tonight. It was nice. It was quiet. I got a chance to 'catch-up' with my husband while someone else filled my glass of water and cooked dinner and did the dishes.

Jaxen ate at 8:40pm and was in bed soon after. I have the house to myself and it is quiet and I love it. I secretly wish that Jaxen would wake up so we could hang out. But I know better than to wake a sleeping baby!


I thought guilt would set at some point about going back to work. It hasn't and I'm happy about that. I just have heard that guilt usually comes when a mom goes to work. I enjoy working. When I'm at work - I am at work. And when I'm home - I am home. I have a wonderful baby sitter and husband who take such good care of Jaxen when I'm not around that I don't worry about him (much).

It's after 10pm now and that is past my bedtime. So I'm going to wrap up this rambling post and get myself to bed. I wish I had the energy to do the many things that need to be done around the house. But I don't. And I'm okay with that. I'm hoping for a productive day tomorrow.


 **********

Saturday turned out to be a productive and fun day!

For starters - Jaxen slept 10 hours Saturday night! I'm not sure why or how, but we'll take it! That morning, I got busy getting some garage sale things ready (for a garage sale in October). And while I was doing that, I got caught up re-organizing everything. Everything. So now I can't stop until my entire house is gone through and re-organized. I do this about once a year. I don't know why I enjoy it so much...but it just feels good to go through things and get rid of things. I seriously should make money doing this for other people. Kylee and I have talked about it before...remember Kylee?

Anyways - while I was cleaning things out, I put Jaxen in his bouncy seat, in front of the door. I was trying to trick him into thinking we were outside! And he fell asleep. So I left him there for his nap. In his bouncy, in front of our door. I think it's kind of funny!


That afternoon we ran errands. Not that exciting. Except that I printed out some new pictures of Jaxen to place around the house. By the way - he is adorable. Enough said.

Then, Saturday night we were invited out with friends to a Movie in the Park! It was so much fun! They set up this huge screen, speakers and even have concession stands. We took blankets and lawn chairs and candy. Because you can't watch a movie in the park without candy, right?


We got to hang out with Hunter and Harper.



This is a very rare picture (above) - me, holding 2 babies! I'm not really a baby person, but I hung out with Harper quite a bit while others enjoyed my baby!



We had a fun night. Jaxen did pretty well. He did get a little fussy and did not nap well out there, but he survived!

It actually got a little cool in the evening - I could not believe it!

Fall is coming...!



1 comment:

  1. He is handling every thing so well, how cute! I am glad you guys are enjoying everything with him thats nice.

    ReplyDelete