Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Weekend & Update

Sorry there are no pics...

Speaking of plants (previous post) - I got a new plant on Friday! It is a Corkscrew Rush. And I love it. Just looking at it makes me smile.

I had Friday afternoon off from work, and was very productive around the house. Not so much cleaning or doing laundry...but productive in other areas...organizing my coupons...potting my new plant...cooking dinner...doing dishes...watering the yard...planting one new plant outside (we'll see if it lives - fingers crossed!)....and then we played volleyball! We had a great group show up - over 20 adults plus all kinds of kiddos! We stayed around talking until after midnight. I went home and went straight to bed while Nik went to McDonalds to eat a snack! Ha!

Saturday, I went to clean a house for an elderly lady and Nik went mountin biking. We met together at the house early afternoon, ate lunch, hung out and then I napped. Yay for naps! We spend the later afternoon and evening watching soccer games. It was pretty fun, and we saw lots of people we knew. We got a dinner invite from a family that has 2 kids in our youth group. It was a lot of fun to hang out with their family for the evening!

We got home close to 10pm and then I realized I was supposed to make breakfast to take to Sunday School the next morning...So, there I was at 10pm making Cinnamon Glazed Scones. By the way - they are sooo good! (I impressed myself with my cooking abilities). After the scones were done (minus 2 that me and Nik ate) we were off to bed.

Sunday was an odd day at church. I don't know if odd is the right word, but I'll use if for now and see if I come up with a better one! Here is some background information before I get into our day: When we moved here (3 years ago) we accepted this job knowing that the current pastor was going to retire in 3 years. According to the Nazarene Manual, whenver a Senior Pastor quits or retires, all staff must give thier resignation. Our Church Board met a few weeks ago and voted to keep all current staff up to 90 days after a new pastor arrives. Back to Sunday: During church, our Pastor read his retirement letter (it was sad) and then handed over his letter plus Nik's (and the other's staffs) resignation letters to the Church Board Secretary. Kinda odd moment. Pause for dramatic effect. It's not like we are out of a job and it's not like we didn't know about it...but just the fact that is is final. Well, it was a odd feeling. I don't think the moment affected Nik like it did me. And that is okay. We are differnet. It's not that I'm scared of the future. Because I'm not. I am fully trusting God to place us in the Ministry of His will (here in Temple, or elsewhere). I think it was more the fact that it is happening now. Right now.

I had a hard time focusing after that. After church we picked up lunch and took it home to eat. Then I totally vegged out on the couch for the next couple of hours. By the time evening service rolled around I was back to 'normal' again. I went to church and enjoyed the service. We went out to eat with friends after church and had a great time laughing and enjoying the fellowship of our church members and friends.

After dinner, we went to the grocery store (so we can stop eating out) and now we are in a new week!

I thank the Lord for where He has brought us. I praise Him for who He is. We continue to seek His will and purpose for our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we actually got in at 930pm friday night and I said hey we should stop by and say HI, but we had the dog and we were really tired. I drove straight threw to home, not to bad. Glad you guys had fun though, we were sad to miss it. We will have to get together soon for lunch/dinner or something.

    ReplyDelete