Friday, April 8, 2011

The Laundromat

Last night I was doing laundry. I started getting ready for bed before I put another load into the dryer. Once my face was washed, teeth brushed, hair pinned back and glasses on, I went to start the dryer. Nothing happended. Nik started looking at it and taking it apart. We cleaned everything up as best we could, but saw nothing that was 'obviously' wrong. It was 10:15pm. I had a load in the washer, ready to be dried and a wet load in the dryer. And no working dryer.

While Nik is scouring the internet for solutions to our dryer problem, I hop in the car (looking exactly the way I described earlier - no picture to post) and headed to a laundromat, hoping it was open. It was. And it was a little scary. But, the wet laundry called. There was no turning back.

A nice (?) man held the door open for me and showed me where the dryers were, how to use them, and watched me put my clothes in. Yes, it was a little creepy. However, the wet laundry called. I thanked him and sat down to read my book. He walked outside. (Yay). Nik called about 20 minutes later and told me that the dryer was working (Yay!). I told Nik to call me back in 7 minutes (in case the nice ? man tried to talk to me again). So I waited until my time ended (6 minutes later) and was out the door and in my car by the time Nik called. I headed home.

Nik kindly finished drying and folding the laundry for me so I could go to bed!




I love my washer and dryer and love that I have a husband willing to search the internet on ways to possibly fix it when it breaks. Thanks, Hon!

I am off of work, and my weekend is now in full-swing. I'm about to stop and get a BUSH'S TEA, tell my cutie husband bye and head out of town to visit someone pretty special! I won't be gone long. I'll post about my adventures when I get back!

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment