Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grateful for Things...

Nik and I don't have too much going on these days. I feel we are kinda in a 'down-time' (which is nice) before the busy summer hits! Therefore - I don't have any major things to blog about. So, today you get some things in life that I am grateful for. Trust me - this is, in no way, a complete list. Just random things that have happened in the last couple of days that have made me smile!

My boss, Gary, was out of the office on Monday and Tuesday. He was in the office today, but will be gone again Thursday and Friday. 8 hours. That is all he is in the office this week. Not much time. So... On Tuesday afternoon I sent him an email that stated (in bullet points) everything he needed to get done in that 8 hour time period on Wednesday. Luckly, we work well together, and he appreciated my blunt - bullet point - email! I do know, however, that not everyone would! Ha! I'm grateful for him and the way we work so well together.

I went to a Women's Conference not long ago and won a door prize! This door prize is a Baked Potato Bag. Does anyone else have one of these? They are awesome! I don't know if I'm sheltered in the baked-potato-world or not, but I've never heard or seen these before. Basically, it is a pouch, sewn together, that holds potatoes. You use this bag in the microwave and the outcome is seriously the best baked potato! Ever. I don't know why or how - but the potato is fully cooked through, light and fluffy and the skin is nice too -  not hard, or wrinkly. I'm now eating baked potatoes every week. I'm grateful for the little things in life.

Here is a picture of my new Corkscrew Rush plant. It makes me smile.




Yesterday, my other boss, Kay another co-worker and I went on a field trip. We had to go look at some land for a project. After that, we went to Starbucks where Kay treated us. We sat in comfy chairs and talked and laughed. I'm grateful for spontaneous afternoon adventures.

This evening, I went on a walk after church with a friend. It was a very nice night. I am grateful for these nights (it won't be long until it is super humid and hot) and for friendships.

The end - for now...!

No comments:

Post a Comment