Monday, November 8, 2021

Turkey in Disguise

Both boys brought a homework assignment home over the weekend - to disguise your turkey so it will not be eaten on Thanksgiving.

I am not the most creative person - plus I don't keep lots of art supplies/crafts anymore - plus I have two boys who would rather be playing outside with friends on a beautiful fall weekend. 

I googled how in the world to disguise a paper turkey - and found an idea both boys were behind...
 
A Chief's football player - because, of course.
 
I actually found 2 Chiefs folders in my school supply stash - which was perfect and made Zane's pretty easy to accomplish. First, he colored the turkey (because he wanted to); then I cut the helmet out and he glued it on; next, I made a jersey from the rest of the folder; he then drew and colored cleats/football - I cut them and he glued them on. Done. Easy-peasy.  
 

Jaxen's turkey was smaller - so it was a bit more difficult. I still cut created the jersey from  the folder while he learned how to draw a helmet. I thought he did so good with the helmet! He finished coloring the turkey and then called it good.

If you are wondering why he went with a Chief's football player and not the Cowboys, it's because Jaxen's turkey is wearing Tyrann Mathieu's number - but Jaxen will call him "Turkey Mathieu" :)





No comments:

Post a Comment