Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving Recap

Here is a look at our Thanksgiving day...

Nik was still awake when the boys woke up so we got to spend some unexpected time with him that morning! By 9:00am, we were all sitting around the table enjoying cinnamon rolls and bacon!










 
Ever since I put our tree up - Zane has been so excited to hang the ornaments. 
I was trying to wait until after Thanksgiving - but I gave in and by 10am Zane had hung his 1/2 of the ornaments on the tree. He was very proud of himself!




 
Jaxen and I taught Zane how to play "Go Fish" recently and so he challenged Nik and I to a game. He won!


 
The rest of the morning the boys hung on the couch (eating popcorn) and watched a movie together while I made Chocolate Pie. I eventually joined them.


 
After the movie, Jaxen finally decided he would hang his 1/2 of the ornaments on the tree!


 
Then the boys and I did some coloring while Nik napped.
 

 
For lunch that day, I cleaned out the freezer - think Hot Pockets, Chicken Nuggets, Fries...etc. The boys were thrilled and I let them eat while watching a movie in their room. I sat down around 2:00pm and snacked on some french fries (and also had yogurt) while reading my book.


 
By 3:30pm we had the Cowboys game on - ready to watch (and nap)!


 
We finally sat down for our Thanksgiving Meal at 6:45pm. Steak, rolls, salad and of course, QT drinks for everyone!


 
After our wonderful meal, Nik lit the first fire of the season in our fireplace and we finished up the game while eating Chocolate Pie!





After the boys went to bed, Nik and I watched the new movie, King Richard - it checked all my boxes for a good movie: based on a true story, a subject I like (tennis) and an actor I like (Will Smith)!
 
And that was our day! It was great! 
 
I am so thankful for my little family - what a blessing they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment