Wednesday, November 10, 2021

19 years...

This is what 19 years of marriage looks like....



Eating an exceptional lunch - without kids! 

Nik was able to take the night off of work and I was able to take the afternoon off. So we met up about noon - and went out for lunch. Afterward, we tried to get a start on Christmas shopping (no luck) and ended our time with our favorite ice cream before heading home to be there when the kids got out of school.

The weather was perfect. Fall in KC is actually really nice - the sun was out, there was a cool breeze and the leaves were perfect fall colors! Nik and I had a great afternoon together. It was low-key. Nothing planned. But we really enjoyed each other's company.

I am so thankful that the past 19 years have had more laughter than fighting, more smiles than tears, more good days than bad. I am thankful that Nik has a desire to work at our marriage with me and help make it what it is. I remember one day (early on) telling Nik that I did not want an "ok" marriage. I wanted a great one. Is it always great - no. But the times it is not - we work at it. Sometimes it's easy to fix and get back on track. Other times it takes more work - but we are both willing and for that I am thankful! I love him. I want another 19 years (or more) with him :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment