Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pumpkins

Saturday morning we loaded up and drove north of Kansas City to a small town street festival. 


It was small, and cute and perfect for our little crew on this day!


I had planned to paint pumpkins with Jaxen later that day,
but I totally scored when I saw a pumpkin painting booth.
Yes, please :)


Zane could not take it, that he did not have a pumpkin.
Thankfully, I found a little booth selling pumpkins!
He was so proud of his little pumpkin and held on to it pretty tight.



When we had explored every booth, painted a pumpkin, bought a pumpkin,
purchased some Kettle Corn, and watched a Karate demonstration,
we hit the road home.
And stoped at a little pumpkin stand to buy more pumpkins for us to decorate.


First, Jaxen and I drew on pumpkins and Nik carved them 
so we could have Jack-o-lanterns.

Then, I got out some crayons, hot glued them to a pumpkin
and then let Jaxen go to town with the blow dryer.




And…the finished products!




We made some halloween cards for Jaxen’s friends from Wolcott this afternoon. 
He really misses them so I thought this would be a fun thing for him to do.
We painted the cards, then put stickers on them and then he 
told me what to write in every card.


They turned out cute and in one he had me write:
“I hope this card makes you smile when you are having a hard time."



I love this sweet, thoughtful boy of mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment