Sunday, May 28, 2017

My (very long) NM Recap

So awhile back Zane and I flew to NM :)
The main purpose was to see my nephew graduate high school
However, the bonus was, that I got so see so much of my family!
It was so great.
And you are about to see way to many selfies pictures from my time there :)

But don’t think ‘poor Nik and Jaxen’….
They had a great time while we were away.
Here is just one picture to prove it - 


Nik purchased those glasses (complete with snot bubbles) for Jaxen’s Goofy Glasses Day at school.
I laid out Spider-man glasses.
Apparently those weren’t good enough - haha!

We arrived at the Rochester Airport in plenty of time to let Zane play.


However, when we had to start lining up to board - he was crying. 
Because he was not done playing.
And then a sweet ‘grandma’ came over with a new toy she went and purchased for Zane.
How sweet, right?!
She made my day.


We had a few minutes to kill before boarding, so I let Zane walk the terminal.
He was a happy camper!

I got all of one picture on our 2 flights and 3 hour drive to NM.
It was a bit hard, I have to say…holding a 13 month old for as long as I had to.
Trying to keep him happy - but we made it in one piece. 


Zane enjoying some yummy sweet potato fries.


We went and visited Mamaw and Zane loved the dog kennel best. Haha!


Thursday, my Mamaw had a procedure done at the hospital so we hung out there.
Zane enjoyed the play area there and I enjoyed visiting with family while we waited.


I went walking a few mornings while I was there - and I found this little guy one morning.
A tarantula! 
I was scared and intrigued at the same time.
It has been a very long time since I have seen one.


And I also thought this cactus was so pretty!


Fun seeing these little things that are in NM!

Zane had a friend in Lucky (Mamaw’s dog) and they even kissed each other on the mouth.
Multiple times. Gross.


And Zane was quick friends with Brennen (my nephew) and his skateboard.


Me and the graduate!


Look how young he was (almost 5 year ago)…
here he is, holding Jaxen.


And speaking of young…
Haha!


He is not so young anymore (neither are we)!
We had a great night celebrating his accomplishments!


The following day we went to his piano recital.
I’m so proud of him for taking piano lessons and learning how to play, even at 17.
He was the oldest one at his recital, but he did such a fantastic job!
He loves piano and guitar. 

(my mom, aunt pam, kim, aunt kay, mamaw and me)


Bremen, playing the piano and an after-pic of us.


Now you get to see a bunch of selfies…
I realized I have very few pics of my family - so once everyone got ready for graduation, 
it was time for pictures :)

me and my sister

mamaw and me

mom and me

me and kim

me and aunt kay

Time for graduation!
Zane, me, Amber, Scotty and mom

Zane and I, killing some time, taking selfies, while we waited for it to begin.

Zane and Scotty

These are so cute of Kim and Zane




It’s time…here they come!


Zane enjoyed the band, watching all the people and he especially enjoyed the balloons and confetti!



This pic is funny, of my mom, with confetti in her hair!


Scotty was able to catch a balloon that had been released
and Zane played with it the rest of the night.


It was a beautiful night for graduation!


And they did it!


There was a great fireworks show at the end and Zane did great!
I guess he was a little scared of the noise and hung on tightly to mom and Scotty,
but never once cried!




And some family pics after graduation...


Brennen and Kim


Aunt Pam, Aunt Kay, Brennen & Jessica


Mom and Brennen


Aunt Kay, Aunt Pam, Brennen, Jessica, Mom


Aunt Pam and Brennen


And after all the graduation / family excitement, 
we had a couple of chill days hanging at the house, relaxing.
This is basically how we all felt...


And Scotty even got a few cuddles :)


Before I left town, my mom fell and broke her shoulder.
She is okay and it does not require surgery…but the healing is going to take awhile.
And it’s painful for her.
Please keep her in your prayers as she heals.

Tuesday we headed home - first, a 3 hour drive to Albuquerque.
I enjoyed the scenery of NM.



Scotty took me to a Mexican place so I could get my belly full before flying :)
And then we headed to the airport.


Zane enjoyed some time pushing the stroller and walking through the airport
before we boarded our first plane!


We arrived in NY and hopped in the car with Nik and Jaxen.
I think Jaxen was so excited to have me home because he talked my ear off 
for over an hour on the drive to the house. 
It was so late…but he was so excited to tell me everything, and I loved it :)

It is taking me awhile to get back in the swing of things…
I actually missed the street (twice) when heading to Jaxen’s school. Haha!

What a great trip, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment