Sunday, September 8, 2013

Date Night - Fail

So our weekend did not go exactly as planned.....

We really did not have much planned for our weekend - except Saturday night. Guess what Saturday night was supposed to be? DATE NIGHT. Yup, I had it all planned out. I had arranged childcare, was ready to pay for it, we were going to drop Jaxen off and then go play tennis, and have a late dinner before picking Jaxen up.

For most people that does not sound like a fun date night. But for us...it would have been. Tennis is something we love to do together...but don't ever get to do.

On Friday, Jaxen had a runny nose. On Saturday that runny nose turned into major congestion and a very croopy cough. Which turned into a low-grade fever (for just a bit) Saturday afternoon. We have been taking care of him the best we know how. But around 2pm I texted our childcare and told them we would not be able to make it. I was bummed. But I was more bummed that Jaxen was sick. And I was glad that we were both able to be home with him and give him extra love and cuddles.

And it turned out to be a pretty fun Saturday. I was very productive in the morning, but by afternoon I was tired and so we all cuddled on the couch to watch Master Chef. This was a new show for me, and I loved it! We watched all afternoon and into the evening. Very relaxing for all of us! That evening we took Jaxen outside to play for a little bit and to get fresh air. We ended up  throwing plastic golf balls everywhere and had a lot of fun (Nik was hitting them with his actual golf club - which was pretty funny!).

Jaxen slept through the night with minimal coughing. I'm not sure if it is allergies, or an infection or what.... You never know. But if he is not better tomorrow I will take him to the doctor. He is napping right now. I brought him home today after Sunday School because I knew he would be worn out. And he was! He played hard and now he is sleeping hard.

He also has cut 2 new teeth and is wearing size 5 diapers now. He is a growing boy!

And now I think I'm going to take advantage of this quiet morning and go lay down myself for a short nap!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Baby! I can sympathize! I have been sick all weekend as well. Wish I were there to cuddle him.......but it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete