Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lately

So yesterday Jaxen went through 4 outfits and 2 bed sheets (one, being mine!). He had some very bad, runny, dirty diapers.  This morning I was checking his teeth and he has 1 molar that has popped through and 2 more on their way. His diapers always seem to be worse when he is teething. But he does not feel bad, nor does he have any fever. I think we are doing better today. So far anyways...!

And this morning we went for a haircut! It was getting pretty long. Here are a couple of pics I took of him yesterday so you can see how long his hair was...



It was a mess of a birds nest, I tell you. So long on top. And here are a few after shots I took when we got home. He is one handsome boy!



The lady who cut Jaxen's hair today told me that he looked like me! People usually say that he looks like Nik. I think it is always fun to see what people think.

Nik has been out of town the last couple of days and will return home tomorrow. I'm looking forward to him being home. I think I might even plan a date night for the two of us sometime next week. It has been too long since we had a date night!

Once Jaxen finally goes down for a nap I plan on being super-woman. I have a ton of stuff that needs to be done around the house that I have been ignoring for awhile now. So my plan is to get it all taken care of (and fast) while Jaxen is napping. And then I hope to read part of a book. Big plans, I know.

One more thought to leave you with today... Jaxen and I ran to Wal-Mart this morning to get a few needed essentials. Jaxen was riding in the cart and got one of his legs stuck. He was crying (whining) a bit and it took me a minute to figure out what was wrong. While I was assessing the situation, a woman turned and looked at me and said "Maybe if you gave him something to play with he wouldn't be crying." Seriously? I was a bit flabbergasted. I said "Thank you". And turned my attention back to Jaxen, got his leg unstuck and he continued to be happy. That lady really rubbed me the wrong way...not sure why. I think my patience might be a little thin right now. Anyways....

I am off to clean out my fridge, do the dishes, work on the terrible mess of laundry from Jaxen yesterday, finish unpacking (I know...it's been about a week now), and possibly sweep and mop my floors. Although, that's not too likely - more a thought.

I hope you are having a good Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment