Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jaxen - 11 Months

Jaxen turned 11 months this past Sunday! Yes, I'm a little behind on blogging. I have not been in the mood to do much at all this week. Except dishes. For some reason, above all else that needs/should be done...dishes take the priority. Funny. I do hope that other things take priority soon. My house needs some attention!

For example...Jaxen has learned to pour milk out of his bottle. Onto everything. The other day, I noticed milk all over the floor. After I got on to him, I grabbed a wipee and cleaned the one spot up. On my way to the kitchen to throw the wipee away, I saw another spot that had dried milk on the floor. I bent down, swiped it and then I saw one more. Ususally, by this time I would grab the mop and mop my floor. But this week...I just let it be. So if you come over today - you will see dried milk spots all over my living room floor. From Jaxen.

That's just one new thing he is doing!



Since he now walks (really well, and everywhere) he has also learned to hide all the remotes from us. Sucessfully hide them! I have sat on the floor (twice now) watching a Bible study DVD and pausing from the player itself every few minutes when I take notes for the class I'm teaching. Who does that anymore... actually use the player and not the remote. Well, ME, since I can't find the remote! Ha!

He has also started hugging us back. When I pick him up, he will put his arm around my neck and squeeze. So sweet. Then he looks up at me for me to give him a kiss. And repeat. Until he is done giving me hugs. Then he squirms and wants down!



Jaxen is wearing mostly 12-18 month clothes. And is still in size 4 diaper. We think he weighs around 23-24 pounds.

He still takes about 24 ounces of formula a day. But eats really well, most days. He eats 3 full meals a day and normally has a snack late afernoon. The meal we have the most trouble getting him to eat is lunch. He eats oatmeal and fruit every morning for breakfast and I try to feed him vegetables for lunch (although his favorite lunch is yogurt and peaches) and then for dinner, I have started feeding him whatever we eat (in small, cut up pieces). This does not always happen though. Depends on what we eat. So I try to have something else ready, just in case. His favorite snack is a banana and will eat a whole one in one setting.



11 months...I can hardly believe it! He is so much fun, so cute and pretty funny too. He can be shy when there are a lot of people around and gets overwhelmed if a lot of people are talking to him/playing with him at one time.

He is sleeping between 10-11 hours at night. He will go down to bed around 9:30-10:00. If he wakes in the middle of the night, he normally puts himself back to sleep. He takes 2-3 naps a day (2 of those are really short naps, and the afternoon nap is at least 1 hour...sometimes longer).



I'm looking forward to this summer with him. He is at a fun age and we have some fun things planned. He loves the water and being outside. I still take him for walks in the stroller and he does so well. He has started waving acknowledging people when they pass by. And "talks" to them. He loves watching older kids play. He gets mesmorized by what they do and how fast they move. I know he is just memorizing their every move so he can do it too, one day!


Jaxen - your dad and I love you so much. We think you are a pretty cool kid. We have lots of fun with you and love to watch you grow and learn. Our favorite thing is the way your eyes light up and you get so excited when we enter the room. It pretty much melts our hearts each time. Thank you for that. Don't grow up too fast...we are loving this stage right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment