Monday, March 25, 2013

Youth Trip

So Jaxen has officially gone on his first youth trip!

I am going to brag on myself for a minute. I got myself packed and ready, Jaxen packed and ready, many loads of laundry done and half my house cleaned - before we ever left on Saturday...and we were in the car ready to go, 10 minutes early! That was not easy. I made sure Nik knew how good I was!

Jaxen was checking over all the luggage before it got packed


The first 10 minutes that Jaxen was in the van, he was crying. I felt bad for everyone having to listen to it - but the teens didn't mind a bit. In fact, they tried to keep him entertained and happy! They were singing to him, playing games with him, making goofy faces....it was so cute to see our teen boys loving on Jaxen and trying to make him happy! He finally fell asleep and was so good the rest of the trip!


Wesley was Jaxen's riding buddy. 

We had a great time on our trip. We went to Nacogdoches First Church of the Nazarene. They were having a "Spring Fest" for their community (and invited other churches too). At their festival they had blow-up games; a rockwall; a petting zoo; crafts; music....lots of stuff to fill the afternoon. Then that evening they hosted a concert and everyone stayed the night. The next morning for Sunday School the band lead us in an acoustic worship and testimony time. And then we went to church and headed home.

It was a quick trip. But it was relaxing and fun. We all met some new people and Nik and I enjoyed seeing our friends Joe (the pastor) and Ashley (his wife). For those who were at Nik's Ordination last year, Joe and Ashley were the couple right next to us, being ordained as well.

I didn't get to take many pictures of the teens because I was wrangling Jaxen most of the time, but I did get a few pictures of Nik taking Jaxen into the petting zoo!

Looking at the baby goats

Jaxen, sitting on the donkey

Nik was trying to get Jaxen to pet the goat. Not happening!

A baby duck. Again, Jaxen was not having it!

Happy, that he is about to be handed over to momma!

Jaxen was great on his first trip with the teens. Good thing, because we have a few trips lined up for us again this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment