Sunday, October 21, 2012

This Weekend

The other day I told Nik "I am not very good at being a girl". This statement was made after I tried to put rollers in my hair. Let's just say that it was ugly enough you don't get 'the end result' pic! How do I not know how to put rollers in my hair? I thought all girls were genetically able to do that. Apparently not this one. Below is a pic of myself with the rollers in. I thought I would do a whole before/after blog post about these wonderful rollers I bought at the Rummage Sale for $1. Not so much. Kylee, I need a lesson!


Moving on to more exciting things...

Saturday afternoon we went to the wedding of a teen who used to be in Nik's youth group. It was a beautiful wedding and Jaxen was great all through it.


You know how when you pack a diaper bag, you always take an extra change of clothes for the baby? In my case these days, I pack 2 changes. Anyhow... on Saturday I took an extra change of clothes for me! It was one of those days. It started out at home, before the wedding. Jaxen was changed and dressed and ready to go. I was dressed and ready to go. At this point, we were a bit rushing out the door. You know where this story is going... as I started putting Jaxen in his car seat, he spit up. All down my shirt. So I did what most moms would do in this situation: I got Jaxen settled and then I wiped the spit up off my shirt and blow-dryed it. Yes I did. Does that make me gross? I just wanted to see if it would dry okay. Well, it didn't. So - wardrobe change. We were officially running late by that point. But I changed and grabed a change of clothes for myself before running out the door. I won't go into all the details of the slobber, drool, and spit up that came after that... I will just leave you with this: At one point during the reception, I had to clean myself up on the inside of my shirt. Fun.

All that does have a point I guess.

Jaxen has 2 teeth!


I know this picture is really hard to see them, but they are there! 
Pretty exciting!

Jaxen went to church today asleep and in his pajamas. With Dudley (blue dog) and Earl (stripped monkey).


Jaxen has been hanging out with me while I type this blog post. As I looked down at him a few minutes ago - this is what I saw:


So I carefully grabbed the camera took the above picture! So cute. His clothes are off because it is 90 here today. 90. Crazy.

And that's all I got for now. Hope your weekend was fun!

1 comment: