Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day

We had a Snow Day on Friday! Once Nik and I got ready for the day, I swept off our walkway, and then we headed out for some breakfast.

 Me sweeping the snow off our walkway:

For those of you who 'actually' got some snow last week (more than 2 inches) I know these pictures do not look like anything to you...but when Central Texas gets snow...it's a really big deal!

Driving to breakfast:

I should have taken a pic of our breakfast. It was soooo yummy! We have both been wanting 'Migas Rancheras' for a couple of weeks. But since I work earlier than Nik and we have Upward early Saturday mornings and Nik has to be at church early on Sunday - we have had no chance to go out for breakfast! So it nice to be able to go out and enjoy a hot breakfast together.

After breakfast Nik and I went to my work. I know...it was a snow day...but there were some things that had to be done. I made Nik go with me and we worked with my boss and were done within 2 hours - so, it wasn't that bad. On the way to my work, we found a couple of parking lots and had to have some fun doing donuts in the snow!

Tracks left after our few donuts:

After we finished working, we got a text from some friends that they were sledding in the snow. We stopped by the park where they were and as you can see from the pics, the little snow we got was melting away fast! We did have enough snow to have some fun with a snowball fight.

Do you see Nik below trying to peg a little girl with a snowball? No mercy.

The rest of our snow day was spent watching movies, playing games and eating homemade pizza! It was a pretty fun day.

I can't see the snow here and not think about the fun times we had in NM with the snow. I will never forget one snow day after work, meeting up with everyone to sled down 'cardiac hill'. Even Lety and her dog, Paco, came out for the fun! Good memories.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice day, glad you guys got to enjoy it together. Steve had to work most of the day so that sucked.

    ReplyDelete