Monday, January 31, 2011

Junk into Treasure...?

What is that old saying about 'one person's junk could be another person's treasure'? Well, whatever that saying is...that is what I was going for with my latest little project!

I came across this shelf-thing (basically, some wood nailed together and  REALLY dirty) that was going to be thrown out...until I rescued it! It sat in my living room for a couple of weeks - staring at me. I had no idea what to do with it.


On Friday, I had an idea! I could use it in my closet as a shoe-shelf / sweater holder (for the 10 days of winter when my sweaters come out of the winter tupperware). Pause for a weather update:

Friday was warm = 75 degrees warm.
Remember that post awhile back where I said it finally felt like winter?
Not so much anymore.
They say the cold is coming back.
We'll see.

Back to my story. So, it was a warm day outside and I decided to clean up the old-nailed-together-wood-thing and paint it!




After it had time to dry I put it in my closet and there it was...my treasure!


Maybe 'treasure' is not the correct word here...but it works for me!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! It looks really good. That is a good spot for it too. It reminds me of a shelf you see at Ikea that cost like 150-200 dollars or Targets shelf for like 50. You can always take things and turn them into great things when you put your mind to it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment...every now and then I do try to be a little crafty!

    ReplyDelete