Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fuzzy Vision

So this morning, I got ready for work like normal and out the door I went. While driving, I realized I was seeing things a little fuzzy. When I got to work and actually started looking at the computer screen and papers and trying to focus on details - I realized that I could not see well at all!

I finally could not take it anymore (the seeing things unclear) so I took out my contacts to look at them. There was nothing abnormal about them. So, back in they went...and back to working with fuzzy vision. All day long.

I kept telling my co-workers that I could not see very well and kept coming up with different things to try and correct the problem. At one point I thought that maybe I only put in one contact and forgot the other, or had 2 contacts in one eye (both of which I have done before). But after multiple trips to the bathroom mirror,  looking at my eye I still had not determined the reason behind my fuzzy vision.

So after doing everything I knew to do to my contacts - I decided it was not my contacts, but that it was my eyeballs. Not long ago I had been diagnosed with a 'bump on my left eyeball". (Long story - details at another time.) But being recently diagnosed with that - I started then going to the bathroom mirror multiple times to look at my eyeball (mind you, with fuzzy vision). Still nothing abnormal. About 3pm I decided I must have some kind of disease. I didn't know what else it could be. I could see fine with my contacts yesterday, but not today. I exhausted all the options of problems with my contacts or my eyeballs - what else was left except a disease that was taking my vision away quickly?

Well, about 4pm the answer came....are you ready for this?

I finally realized there might be a chance, a slim chance, that maybe I put the wrong contacts in the wrong eyes. With my new thought, I took out both contacts and switched them....and I could see! No more fuzzy vision! I could actually see what I was typing on the computer instead of hoping I was typing correctly! I could finally relax from thinking of diseases I knew I had!

I was healed! Actually, that's not true...nothing was wrong with me except that I obviously didn't pay any attention to the little colored lid on the right contact case. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sucks. I did not know that it mattered what eye they went into. At least it was something simple than the disease. Glad your okay again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You are so hilarious!!!!!! Only YOU!!!!!! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete