Friday, April 10, 2020

Continuous Learning - Week 1 and 2

We have almost completed two weeks of “continuous learning”.
Week one was not great.
Week two was better.

Week two I changed the way we did things.
I made a schedule.
Shocker, I know!

Basically, week one was more of a “check list” 
which included all the things that needed to be done in a week. 

Week two was a “schedule” of when to do all the things - and it went smoother.
I think because everyone knew what to expect. 

So here is what our days have looked like this week:

7:00am Morning relax time (basically free time with breakfast)
9:15am Clean up breakfast, brush teeth, get ready for day
9:30am School (with a different subject each day)
10:30am Chores
11:00am Specials (art, music, PE)
11:45am Clean up from specials
12:00pm Lunch
12:30pm Afternoon free time
4:15pm Clean up from free time
4:30pm Kids Messenger time
From there we have dinner, walk, shower, clean up, Bible reading, bed…. 
our nights look a little different but we are trying to keep the days the same.

That being said - not everyday does this schedule work out.
Thursday - no school work was accomplished.
And that is okay. 
There were other priorities for Nik and I that day (like work and sleep!).
So this weekend, we will ‘make up’ a day.

Also - Jaxen has set alarms on his tab.
Which is super helpful for him to move from one activity to the other.

Let’s see…. I think that’s it.
It’s a big learning curve.
We are doing the best we can do!

Here are a few pics from the week…

Zane got to Zoom with his teacher and some of his class mates and he loved it!
He misses his teacher so much.


And pictures from art.
Art pictures are more exciting than math pictures :)


And this is the way Zane would have it everyday:
playing at my feet in my office while I work.
I usually let him a few times during the day - the rest of the day, my door is closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment