Sunday, September 22, 2019

Nik & I

I gave you updates on Zane and Jaxen - so now here’s an update on Nik and I!

We are surviving.
Haha!

No, really, we are doing well.

I think we are in the swing of our family's schedule with school, pre-school, our jobs
and Wednesday night church activities.
If that’s all we had it would be a no-brainer…
but add in homework, chores, medicine routines, night-time reading, laundry,
the never-ending dishes and the never-ending cooking…
and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I have been walking 4-5 times a week, in the early morning with one of my neighbors.
That has been good for me.
I have also been making myself be in bed between 9-9:30pm.
I don’t always go to sleep, but it helps me relax.
And…
I have been reading books!
In high school I was a really big reader, then stopped when I went to college.
Then picked it up again sometime after I was married, then stopped when I had kids.
And now, I have picked it back up again and am enjoying it!
I think I have read 4 books this past month. 

My job is going well.
We have a Board of Director’s meeting soon, which will take me out of town for a few days.
I am busy getting ready for that - but so far, it’s going well.

I am thankful that Nik will get to join me out of town (after my meetings are over)
so we can spend some time together!

Our 17th (crazy!!!) Wedding Anniversary is in November.
But this trip will be our “celebration”. 
And we are very excited!


Nik tries to get sleep whenever he can - he is about to hit his busy season for work.
I am very proud of him though…
He is learning a new area of work and is getting the hang of it!
While learning the Control Room, he often fills in for other supervisors 
in the in-bound, and out-bound area as well as train new supervisors.

In his spare time, he has been researching new cable companies,
looking into mortgage rates, paying our bills, running our errands and buying ant killer. 
Jealous huh?!

I guess that’s all you need to know about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment