Friday, September 13, 2019

Africa - Part VIII

Are you tired of reading about my Africa trip yet?! Well, this is the last post…finally! Sorry it has taken me so long to post about it - things have been busy around here. I’ll get to all that next week :) In the meantime…my team members and I made our way to the airport Tuesday afternoon to board a plane to Paris.


It was a long flight and I did not sleep much at all. All the things from the previous days were running through my mind and I could not shut my mind off. I tried. No luck! We landed in Paris early Wednesday morning and we made our way out of the airport, onto the train and into the city where we had breakfast at a cafe across from the Notre-Dame Cathedral.

It’s hard to see in the pictures, but look between the trees and you can see the top of the Cathedral. 

Breakfast was excellent! I could have eaten 10 croissants!

After breakfast we walked down the block to get a better glimpse at the Cathedral.
Yes, I look tired - lol!

And that is the last picture I took of my trip. We made our way back to the airport and boarded a plane for Atlanta and then KC. I still did not sleep well. There were many crying babies on my 10-hour flight and it was hard to sleep because it was daytime (with the time change) the entire flight!

I landed in KC and was waiting on my baggage when I saw Nik walking toward me, holding a “Welcome Home” sign (that the boys made)! It was unexpected….he was supposed to be at work and I had made other arrangements for a ride home. It made me smile so big!!!!

I was so happy to be home, in my own bed, with my family, a hot shower, good food….and the list goes on and on!

Any questions? Did I cover everything? Did I miss anything?

Back to my regular-scheduled blogging next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment