Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Life Lately

Life has been a little busy lately.

Last week we had Summer One Kids Camp at our church.
It was Tuesday - Friday evening from 6-8:30.
I was a volunteer, so I had to be there by 5:30 every night - which meant a rush to get off work early,
get home, load the boys up, eat dinner in the car and drive through construction every night!
Thankfully, Nik was super helpful to have the boys ready and fed when I got home.
He would then wrap dinner up for me to eat on the road.
We make a good team :)

I signed up to be a volunteer wherever they needed me.
They needed me in the soccer group - ha!
Thankfully, I was not a “coach” - I was a Huddle Group Leader.
I was responsible for up to 6 kids (I normally had 4).
I checked them in, sat with them during the Rally’s, Bible Time and 
stayed with them while they were in soccer. 
I helped where I could…fetching balls, crowd control, and taking kids to the bathroom.
It was a really fun week!

Jaxen loved camp.
He was in the Disc Golf group.

Zane liked camp.
However, the beginning and ending “Rally Time” was a bit overwhelming for him.
Once he realized I was in the gym too, he ended up sitting with me every rally and then going with his group  when it was time.

Jaxen got picked to play a Minute-to-Win-it game.
He did not win, but got a prize.

Jaxen and his friend, Deagen. 

This past weekend Nik washed the car while I ran some errands.
I’m glad a got these pictures of Zane washing his truck before I left :)

Zane got a new car seat!
He loves it!

Tonight the boys enjoyed some time outside with the sprinkler after I mowed the grass.
When they were all done Jaxen thanked me for letting them play with the sprinkler!


No comments:

Post a Comment