Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Africa - Part II

In my Africa Post I I listed the days as Wed/Thurs…it was actually Thurs/Fri!

Saturday:

I woke up refreshed and ready for the day! Once I was ready, I headed out of my hotel room to see the following views:
my view from the side of the hotel

my view from the front of the hotel

Our hosts met us at the Hotel and we traveled to a Guest House, where we were served breakfast, heard a devotion and got to know our hosts and each other better.


this is the road the Guest House was on

from the top level of the Guest House (where we had our meetings and meals) these were the views...

a lady was out doing chores...dishes and laundry



there was a kid in the yard below, sweeping the leaves off the grass

We had the opportunity to meet up with one of our leaders in West Africa. He shared how the film was being used and some of the needs of the churches in the area. He also talked to us about the culture and religion and gave great insight into the differences of the different areas in Benin.

translator, leader, host

We had lunch that day at a local "American" restaurant. I was pleased to discover they had bottled Coca-Cola - and it was so good! Our host and I shared a love for the Coca-Cola.


I was being extra "safe" with my food on this trip and ordered cheese pizza for lunch. Some were a bit more adventurous than myself!


Some sights in Benin...


we saw the funniest things being carried on motorcycles...ladders, tires, etc.

That evening we drove about 2 hours north to experience a team showing the film. Along the way, a motorcyclist ran into us and got this bike stuck in our vehicle. I'm not really sure what happened....like I said before...the driving and traffic is crazy! So our host got out and checked on him, after a group nearby saw the "white people" in the car, many started approaching our vehicle. Our host saw it coming - made peace with the motorcyclist and we went on our way!

On our way to the showing, we had to stop for gas. We pulled over on the side of the road where they sold gas (in glass containers). The guy placed a funnel into our gas tank, put a rag in it and then poured the gas in.


Once the gas tank was full we headed to the showing. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment