Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Weekend 2019

This past weekend was so much fun!

Friday: I was off work so I let Nik sleep in. After I took Jaxen to school, Zane and I hit up Sonic (hello caffeine and yummy breakfast sandwich!) then ran errands (picked up medicine, Wal-Mart and Aldi). I woke Nik up around 10:30am and we worked about an hour on cleaning out our garage. We tried out a new place for lunch, went grocery shopping and then Nik took a nap the rest of the afternoon/evening.

I boiled eggs and was ready for egg-decorating after I picked Jaxen up from school!


That night I took the boys to our Good Friday Service (Zane was in childcare). It was a wonderful service and time of reflection. The best part - is that it is opening up new and deeper conversations with Jaxen. It's pretty great to share your faith with your child...although sometimes I don't always know the answers to his questions. I am honest about that, and it leads to a discussion on faith. So - win win, I guess :)

Saturday: It started out bright and early with Jaxen's soccer game at 9am! Guess what...he scored the one and only goal for his team!!!! His team has not won a game yet, but this week I (and other parents) noticed a shift. It's starting to click and everyone is playing better. I'm excited for the next few weeks to see if they can pull off a win! There are no pictures because I was also wrangling an upset toddler who wanted to go home, or play. Little brother problems.

After soccer we went home and I let the boys rest up while Nik and I continued cleaning out the garage. It's a process, people. Around lunch time we headed to church for Hot Dogs, Easter Egg Hunts, Petting Zoo, Inflatables, and fun with our church family. We all had a great time!




When we were all partied out, we went home and Nik and Jaxen headed to a Kickball Birthday Party for one of Jaxen's church friends. He had so much fun! Zane and I had fun, resting on the couch  :)

That evening we made homemade pizza's, worked on the garage, and got ready for Easter Sunday!

Sunday: I woke up at 6pm to hide eggs in the backyard and lay out Easter Baskets. We only filled about 20 eggs for each kid and then the rest of the eggs were empty that I hid. I'm not sure if it was fun and mysterious or a let down when they started opening their eggs. Either way - I'm not spending $20 on candy to put in eggs. Lol! Regardless, they had fun finding all the eggs!




Jaxen's Easter Basket had: a comic sketch book, M&M's, Ring Pop,magnetic yo-yo, and bubbles.
Zane's Easter Basket had: a sand pail and shovel, M&M's, Ring pop, outdoor chalk and bubbles.
Very simple - but fun!


We treated the boys to donuts before church and then went to one of the best Easter Services I've ever been too! It's hard to explain why it was so good...but it just was. It was a great time of worship, reflection and celebration of the amazing sacrifice Jesus made for every person.


After church we played outside and then made lunch. The boys requested spaghetti and meatballs. Nik and I had steak, grilled aspargus, deviled eggs and peanut butter pie for dessert. Yum! After lunch Nik and Jaxen ran around (not even sure what they did - but they had fun together) while Zane and I rested on the couch (yes...again!). 



It was such a beautiful day and so after a grilled cheese dinner, we were back outside - finishing up the garage (it looks much better, more organized and we now know what's in there! We still need to tackle a few more boxes...but so much better.) and playing. The best part of the night? Jaxen decided to take off his training wheels to see if he could ride his bike - and he did!!! He actually picked it up really quickly! I was so proud of him!


After the boys went to bed, Nik and I enjoyed the sunset outside. I am looking forward to more days/evenings outside, having fun with my family :)

And that’s a wrap on our Easter Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment