Friday, April 26, 2019

1st Grade Field Trip

Jaxen's class had a field trip coming up to Play Hospital and asked if I would go with him. I decided I should go, since he asked, plus it would give me a chance to meet his friends and talk with his teacher. So I took the day off and went.

Instead of riding with the kids on the bus, the teachers asked that we meet them at the Medical Center. Let me tell you from experience - my quiet car ride was so much nicer than a bus full of 1st graders! Haha.


We met at a Medical Center here in town where they gave a great presentation on what to expect if you ever come to the hospital. They used the kids to "act" out different scenarios and allowed them to be the patients, nurses, doctors, pharmacists, radiologist, dieticians, surgeons...etc.


As part of the presentation, they handed out these hats to all the kids. Jaxen said it kept his head warm and so he wore it the rest of the field trip!


It was about an hour long presentation and then we headed to a nearby park to eat lunch and play on a playground.


It was fun hanging out with Jaxen. I'm glad he wanted me to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment