Sunday, November 12, 2017

Transitioning - Part 2

In these “transitioning posts" - I will be answering the following (common) questions
I have been asked a few times:

How is Jaxen transitioning to his new school?
How is Zane transitioning to Nik being at home instead of Carla?
How is your family transitioning from small town to city?
How is your family transitioning from a house to an apartment?

I have already answered the following question in Part 1:
How are you transitioning into working full time from being a stay-at-home home?

and (today)...

How is Nik transitioning to being home full time and taking care of the boys?

Considering Nik has held a job since he was 15…this transition has been a little weird, I guess is the best way to describe it. After we moved to KS, we both knew that Nik needed to take it easy for awhile. To try and keep the stress and anxiety at bay. To get some rest and take some time to get healthy (he had some blood levels that were out of whack), and that is what he has done! For the most part, anyways. It is a little bit hard, because he is up at least once every night with one of our boys (some times both and sometimes multiple times). That just makes for a tired person - when you can’t sleep through the night. (I do take one or two nights a week, being up with the boys to give him a break). None the less, he is a bit tired! 

I think he has enjoyed the extra time with the boys - especially Zane. They have a great little routine down each day and Zane is smitten with his daddy. I think it’s been good for them both to have that time together. Nik got some good time when Jaxen was younger and I’m glad he gets to have this time with Zane.

Nik does all the things. He grocery shops, runs errands, takes and picks Jaxen up from school, cooks dinner, cleans the apartment, laundry….seriously. All the things! And he is great at it. No complaints. He lets me know if there is something he needs me to do, or I ask how I can help him - but really - he is the one keeping things running on the home front. I’m so grateful for that!

The hard part is the lack of outside communication. We are still new here and don’t have many friends and there are not “Daddy/Baby Play Days” (although I’m looking into a few possible ideas). So he gets a bit lonely (he is a very social person). We do try to have our friends over some for dinner, or travel to see another set of friends, or Rusty and him will get together and watch football - so that helps!

So overall, Nik would say he has transitioned well and enjoys being home with the boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment