Sunday, November 26, 2017

All About Jaxen

Let’s see…what do you need to know about Jaxen right now?

First off, we will start with my most recent favorite he brought home from school:

Psu = Pizza.
I just love it!

He knows all of his letters and can write them. However, he sometimes writes them backwards when he is writing ‘words’. If he writes them individually, he gets them correct. He is also learning some sight words and wants to spell everything. I can tell he is really learning a lot right now at school, but school is not his favorite anymore. In his words, “it makes me exhausted.” And it does. He is so tired every night. We have his bed time about as early as we can get it. But he is just tired. I try to let him catch up on his rest during the weekends - but it doesn’t always help.


Jaxen recently told me he loves Zane because “he is so soft and squishy!” You should see him loving on Zane…all he wants to do is cuddle and touch his cheeks and Zane does not care for it one bit! Jaxen gets defensive “Zane…I’m just trying to hug you!”

A magnet with a painting Jaxen did at school, with his picture and facts about him on it:
I am in kindergarten
I love all of the colors
My favorite foods are cheese tortillas, pizza and McDonalds
I want to be a police officer when I grow up
I love to play with my nerf guns
I am Jaxen

Jaxen really loves doing crafts. Any kind. He constantly wants me to put together “centers” for him. Basically, craft stations he can rotate through. I’m really trying to think of ways to encourage him in this area (and I’m not the craftiest person to do so) but when he had to decorate a turkey for Thanksgiving he kept saying how he was no good at it. And how the other turkey’s his classmates brought in were so much better than his. And you could tell it really bothered him! That hurt my heart. I told him being creative came in many different forms and not everyone was creative in the same way. We worked through it…and this is how he wanted to decorate his turkey:


And it was pretty cool, because I got to see his turkey on the wall at school!


I got to meet Jaxen for lunch one day last week for their Thanksgiving lunch and I had the best time! I met him in the hallway and got in the lunch line with him. He showed me his little routine….

picking 2 drinks

getting your main course

getting the sides himself

and then sitting down with his friends, eating!

I enjoyed my time with him so much!
It was fun to be with him, in his element. And I think he enjoyed it too!

Jaxen’s favorite place to eat is Taco Bell. He loves the mini quesadillas (minus meat, minus sauce). Basically, a cheese tortilla. But Taco Bell’s are the best. Ha!


And lastly, his school picture!


Here’s a look back…
top left = age 2; top right = age 3
bottom left = age 4; bottom right = age 5



No comments:

Post a Comment