Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Valentine's Recap

I know this is a bit late...!
 

Jaxen received a few Valentine cards from people (one was actually bigger than he was - Thanks Auntie J!), a package in the mail filled with pajamas and socks, and a new toy and a pacifier. Nik received his favorite candy and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Nik had basketball that night, but left early so we could eat dinner together. We ordered pizza. Yum! I will not go into detail about the rest of the night....the short version is that it took 2.5 hours to get Jaxen in bed. But he did sleep well once he went down. That is all I will say about that.


I know Valentine's is just another day for most people - however, there are the few who rate the love of their significant other on what happens this one day out of the year. I don't fall into either category. I am especially grateful that I don't do the latter. If Nik or I rated our love for each other on this one day....well, I will just say that I'm glad we don't! :)

 
But...I do like Valentine's Day. I think it is fun. Am I crushed if I don't get beautiful diamond jewerly or the most extravagant meal? No. But does my heart get a bit happier when my husband walks in the door with beautiful flowers (that he did not spend a fortune on)? YES! It makes me smile. And I will enjoy my beautiful flowers as long as I can make them last.


The ladies I work with decided to take a picture on Valentine's Day and post it on Facebook to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day from the office staff. So we did....and I thought it turned out pretty cute!
 
Pictured - back row: Sandy, Carla
front row: Marianne, Gail, Jodi
 
 
I hope you had a good Valentine's. Or Thursday. However you choose to look at it!

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so cute in that picture Carla. :)

    ReplyDelete