Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend in Review

Friday afternoon Nik left town with our teens to attend EVO. EVO is a discipleship weekend that Nik and another youth pastor coordinate for our zone. There were over 80 people there!


They are now home - safe and sound, as of 3pm. Nik is now trying to catch up on some rest and some Jaxen-time!



Jaxen and I had a very long, tiring day at Upward on Saturday. It's hard filling in the gaps for Nik while he is gone - he does so much. It was especially hard with a baby on my hip! I have filled in for Nik before, but having Jaxen there all day and filling in was a completely new thing. And let me just say...my arms are sore. Very sore.  From carrying Jaxen around so much yesterday at the gym, trying to do everything that needed to be done! He is not light, you know!

We were short referees, short on help in the concession stand, and had some keys that did not work to open up very important doors. Our solution? My partner-in-crime (Alan) decided to get an extension ladder from the garage of the church and set it up in the gym, climb it, crawl over the upstairs balcony, in order to unlock the doors we needed.  In doing so - he set off the security alarm to the garage and did not know it. So right as the basketball games were about to start, the cops pull up! After some explaining they left. Alan did tell them that if they were going to arrest him that they would have to wait until after basketball ended at 5pm! Ha! It was pretty funny.

We lazed around last night. And slept in this morning. Even after a good afternoon nap (for Jaxen, not me), I think it may take another full day of recovery, though. Being at Upward is so much fun for him, but it wears him out! Too many exciting things going on, and people. But he was the absolute-best-baby-ever yesterday. No tears. No fussing. No whining. He did so great and I am so glad! Our day would have been much rougher if he had not done so well.

And that was basically our weekend. Oh, and Jaxen now crawls! It's so adorable. Half the time he has a 'gimp' leg while he is crawling and the other half, he has it down pat. I will have to try to get some photos or videos. But being a 'single-parent' and 'Upward Coordinator / Concession Stand Worker' does not leave much time for taking pictures. But I did get a shower. And for that, I give myself a star!!

No comments:

Post a Comment