Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

The year 2012 was better than I ever could have imagined. That is not to say that everything was perfect and without sorrow, hardships or some rough times. There were those. And I think about ones who have lost family members, received bad test results, miscarried babies, lost their homes because of a fire, separated from a spouse, lost jobs.... the list goes on....

But today I am remembering the joys, laughters, fun times, friendships and those special moments when I would wish that time would just stand still. Many of those moments have been times spent with Jaxen. He is so precious. So many people told me after Jaxen was born to not rush this time, don't take anything for granted, that the years go by so fast, etc. Because of that advice - I have held on a bit longer to 2012. Focused more on the important things. Frozen moments in my mind. And I'm so glad I did.

I am looking forward to 2013. To new moments.


Something new with Jaxen: he waves now. Kind of. Sometimes he hits his head...but it is still waving. I tried to capture it on video, but every time I do - he stops and smiles at the camera. Just the way I taught him! Hopefully I can capture it soon and share it with you.


What will 2013 hold for the Davis family? Who knows! I am such a planner, but I can honestly say that I have nothing planned for this next year. No goals, no resolutions, no plans to do big and mighty things, or even small things for that matter. Ha!

What I do desire is to love. To love my husband. Love my son. Love my family, friends and strangers. That is not easy. To do that, I know I must love God first.

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, 
and with all your soul, and with all your mind, 
and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

I give this New Year to God. To seek what His plans are for my life and my family.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, 
and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33


Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sister, Nik, and my cutie Jaxen! I love you guys! It was so good to see ya'll! I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss ya'll too. Hope 2013 is a great year for you. Love you!

      Delete
  2. He's so cute! And waving! I love it! I also love your relaxed view on the new year, motherhood must be treating you well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Motherhood is great...and maybe it is changing me a bit!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you guys. Hope you guys have a great year with that cute little guy. He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete