Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Christmas Recap - Part 1

It's been a bit since I have been on this blog! Honestly I really 'unplugged' the last few weeks - just taking it easy and I'm so glad I did. And except for detoxing from all the sugar I ate, I'm feeling good :)

Here is a recap of our Christmas...hang in there, it's long!

Jaxen wanted to "practice" his Uno skills before Bebe arrived so we played a few games...just to get warmed up! And honestly, he did not play that many games with us this year. He was more interested in friends and technology - go figure! Nik and I however, were playing a lot of Skip-Bo before Christmas. And he was beating me. Bad. But we had fun playing cards by the fire!


 
Zane was so ready and excited for Christmas! He was counting down and would ask Jaxen everyday how many more days until Christmas. The boys put on Santa hats one afternoon as we walked our neighborhood, passing out Christmas Cards. I am not sure how long they will do these things with me, but I'm gonna soak it up while they do!


 
Thursday (Christmas Eve-Eve) finally rolled around and I was so excited to be picking my mom up from the airport! That evening, I took this picture as proof to my sister that mom had made it. And yes, we were already playing Skip-Bo! I needed her to beat Nik for me.


 
Christmas Eve was so much fun! First, my mom and I took the boys to Bass Pro Shop to have a picture with Santa taken. I had no idea what to expect (since it was 2020) - they got their picture with Santa taken (behind a glass and wearing masks), but it is still cute. I would show you...but it's packed away. I forgot to take a pic of the pic. They did not have all the fun toys out and their normal Winter Wonderland, but we had a good time getting out and exploring their store.
 
We had some more visitors before lunch - Rusty and Diane came to spend a few days with us too! We had Mexican food for lunch and that afternoon Diane did craft time with the boys (and my mom and I)! We painted (with stencils) on wooden ornaments and I love how they turned out. We all had so much fun doing this!







 
We ate appetizers for Christmas Eve dinner and then the boys were allowed to open one gift - actually Diane was so excited she wanted them to open their gifts!




 
And then guess what we did? Yup - played cards. We roped Rusty and Diane into our addiction of card playing :)


 
After a few games (and lots of concentration)....


 
It was time for the boys to have a little fun with the Santa gifts (laser tag)!




After some play time we got things ready for the next day....






Stay tuned for our Christmas Recap - Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment