Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Thanksgiving Recap

I was terrible at taking pictures this last week! And that makes me sad, because I love to look back on the holidays....so I'm going to try to use the few pictures I took to tell you about our week - because it was great!

Nik's parents (Kay and Russell) came to visit a week or so before Thanksgiving and Nik's brother (Ryan) and part of his family (Anna and Kyleigh) came to visit last Wednesday. We had a great time, being all together.

The kids, especially, were living their best life :)

The weather was cool, but so nice over the Thanksgiving break and so the kids were able to have fun being outside and playing. Kyleigh even made some neighborhood friends! The favorite game was Hide and Seek. And let me tell you - it was sooo funny watching them! Ryan and I were entertained for a few hours on Friday (while enjoying a campfire) seeing the places they came up with, hiding!

 

 

We also made time for a little coloring/crafting. We colored some wooden ornaments and made some 'stained-glass' ornaments. They turned out so cute!

 

 

There was some Black Friday shopping going on, some card playing, cooking, lots of eating :) , football, and overall just a really great time with his family!

Kay and Russell also let Nik, Ryan, Anna and I go out one night. Guess what we did? We walked around a few stores...but then (my favorite part) was playing Uno, while eating ice cream and listening to Christmas Music!

 


 

For our Thanksgiving meal (really, because I like having the record of these things) - this was our menu:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls and Green Chile Breakfast Burritos

Lunch: Smoked Turkey, Gravy, Ham, Stuffing, Twice-baked Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole, Rolls, Broccoli Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Fruit Salad and Deviled Eggs.

 

 

Dessert: homemade (sugar free) Coconut Cream Pie with a Coconut crust and a homemade Chocolate Pie (actually 2 of those - Ryan made one too)!

It was all delish! And yes, we have been eating leftovers ever since!

Sunday we got a quick picture at church with Kay and Russell - love this!



 

I think that about wraps it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment